Be an Argentium Home Care Aide
What it takes:
- US citizenship or authorization to work in the United States
- At least one year and preferably two years of professional experience working with older adults in an agency or private setting
Other requirements include:
- High school diploma, high school equivalency certificate or GED
- Pre-employment physical, paid for by Argentium, demonstrating you are free of communicable disease and physically able to perform the job
- Annual TB (tuberculosis) testing paid for by Argentium
- Completion of annual flu shot form as required by the Illinois Dept. of Public Health.
- Strong communication skills
- Positive attitude towards clients and co-workers
- Commitment to providing quality, culturally sensitive services to all individuals, regardless of race, ethnicity, class, gender expression, sex, sexual orientation, economic background, religious beliefs, age or ability
- Open to new ideas and continual learning
- Commitment to delivering the best possible care to our clients
- Timeliness with all aspects of the job
- Strong professional ethics and recognition of client confidentiality
In order to transport Argentium's clients in your own vehicle, you must submit a current copy of your driver's license and auto insurance, obtain an annual motor vehicle check and present a good driving report from the IL Secretary of State's office.
All applicants must complete an application and be willing to undergo a criminal background check.